Ara-Tek FR is PGI’s proprietary Tri-Blend that leverages the benefits of three fibers – Meta-Aramid, Lenzing FR and High Tenacity Nylon. Ara-Tek FR utilizes a generic Meta-Aramid fiber with similar flame, heat and chemical resistant properties to Nomex® brand Meta-Aramid at a fraction of the price. The Lenzing FR provides exceptional softness, breathability and moisture management properties by wicking moisture away from your skin to the outside of the fabric where it can rapidly evaporate keeping you dry and comfortable. The end result is a fabric with similar comfort, and flame resistance of the extremely popular Nomex/Lenzing FR blend fabric at a lower price point. The High Tenacity Nylon not only enhances durability but also increases the fabrics arc resistance – Ara-Tek FR ATPV is 10.7 (Level 2) versus Nomex/Lenzing FR ATPV of 8.8 (Level 2), which computes to a little over 20% higher ATPV rating, Ara-Tek FR hoods provide exceptional comfort, durability, and protection against flame, heat and arc at an affordable price
Ara-Tek FR includes:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Exceptional wear life
- Best value - Lowest initial cost, combined with long wear life
- Comfortable - Excellent moisture absorbency – wicks moisture off skin so it can easily evaporate - Fabric also has excellent breathability
- Softer and better stretch and recovery than other hoods
- Lightweight – 6 oz. /sq. yd.
- Natural off - white color
- Arc Resistant – ATPV 10.7 HRC 2
- Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
- Meets CAL - OSHA Requirements?
- Passes Fed -Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL OSHA Sections 3406(d)
- Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
- Fabric - Outer shell and lining are Lenzing FR®, Meta-Aramid, High-Tenacity Nylon- approx. 6 oz. sq yd, 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery, Calendered to minimize laundry shrinkage.
- Stitch Type And Seams - All stitching conforms to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751), Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607, Drape attachment to top is done with stitch type 401 and reinforced with stitch type 605, Elastic in face opening is erged in with stitch type 503 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406, Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Thread - All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size Tex 40.
Composed of two layer top and bib,top is seamed from top of face opening to bib in back with a six thread flat seam for comfort. Bib is assembled and joined around circumferece of top with two thread serge and then 5 thread cover-stitched for extra strength, Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½"-wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½" and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16" (which is 25% more than conventional hoods.) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings, The bottom edge of bib is bound with self-material bias binding and contoured at shoulders allowing the hood to drape on the chest and back for maximum coverage
- Longer length for maximum coverage
- Tapered back and notched shoulders enable bib to lie flat on back and front
- Covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Flat stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
- Label is sewn down on all four sides for comfort and permanency
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971 - Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
- Style # 3802185Material - Ara-Tek FR™ Tri-Blend
- Arc Rating - 10.7
- HRC Rating - 2
- Design - Double ply hood, with Extra Long Double ply bib, tapered back with notched shoulders