0 item(s) /
1-800-568-2403 / 1-712-792-3143
Fire & Safety
Search & Rescue
Home & Work Safety
FeldFire carries a complete selection of fire extinguishers perfectly suited for home, vehicle, or workplace use. Available in a variety of ratings for different fire classifications, these fire extinguishers are an affordable way to provide a measure of protection for your family, coworkers, and property in small scale fire incidents. Our selection of fire extinguishers is second to none and includes various brands, models and mounting methods. Our extinguishers can handle most fires in commercial and industrial locations without leaving harmful residue or damaging fragile equipment.
Total Items: 68
Use Default Sorting
Price: Low to High
Price: High to Low
ABC Fire Extinguisher
BC Regular Extinguishers
Ambassador Full Glass Surface Mount Cabinet
Ambassador Full Glass Semi-Recessed 3" Trim Cabinet
Ambassador Full Glass Fully Recessed Flat Trim Cabinet
Ambassador Full Glass Semi-Recessed 1 1/2" Trim Cabinet
Ambassador/Full Glass Semi-Recessed 3" Trim Cabinet
Ambassador/Full Glass Fully Recessed Flat Cabinet
Ambassador/Full Glass Fully Recessed Flat Cabinet
What type of fire extinguisher should I choose?
Fire extinguishers contain chemicals, water, or gases and each type is rated for different classes of fires. Ideally, you need to have an idea of what type of fire you could potentially face in your environment. In the United States, there are 5 different classifications of fires:
- Fires derived from ordinary combustible products such as paper, wood, textiles, and PVC.
- Fires derived from flammable liquids and gaseous fuels such as gasoline, benzene, propane, and natural gas.
- Fires derived from energized electrical components. Think of short circuits and overheated wiring.
- Fires derived from combustible metals such as magnesium, aluminum, iron, and sodium.
- Fires derived from materials containing fat, such as cooking oil.
With those fire classes in mind, determining the type of fire extinguisher you need is easier to determine. There are many different types available, but FeldFire carries the most common:
- For class A, B, and C type fires. This is an extinguisher that uses Halotron, a hydrochlorofluorocarbon nonconductive agent pressurized with Argon, to distrupt the chemical reaction that takes place in a fire. This type of gas is an excellent replacement for Halon 1211, which hurt the ozone layer, and is ideal for extinguishing fires in electrical components, boats, forest machinery, and aircraft flight lines. Approved by the EPA and FAA.
- For class B and C type fires. A carbon dioxide gas fire extinguisher displaces the oxygen in a fire, removing one of the 3 elements required for a fire to burn (heat and fuel being the other two).
- For class B and C type fires. This is one of the more common types of fire extinguisher that emits a white or blue powder that interrupts a fireʼs chemical reaction. This type of extinguisher is best suited for kitchens, garages, vehicles, and boats.
- For class A, B, and C type fires. A pale yellow and powdery chemical, this type of extinguisher yields the widest range of fire protection coverage and is ideal for general home, vehicle and office use.
- For class A type fires. A water fire extinguisher cools burning material, removing the heat element out of the fire triangle. Itʼs single type classification limits its effectiveness; however, itʼs harmless, inexpensive, and relatively easy to clean up after use.
We also stock vehicle mounts, wall mounts, cabinet alarms, and storage cabinets for your fire exinguisher.
Need help determing the correct type of fire extinguishers you need? Put our over 60 years of firefighting supply and equipment expertise to work for you and call us at 1-800-568-2403 or use our contact form.
For applications requiring dry chemical fire extinguishers, we have units containing the greatest percentage of essential base chemicals in the business. In jobs calling for a cleaner extinguishing agent, we have CO2 units to address the fire threat leaving expensive electronics undamaged. Our fire extinguishers come in a range of ratings for various fire classifications.
If you have different locations needing various types of extinguishers, you can find them here. In some settings, the need is for a small extra unit rather than a full-size one. To address jobs of all sizes, we carry extinguishers ranging from 2 1/2 pounds to 20 pounds in models with wall hooks, glass mount cabinets or brackets. Our selection of wall and vehicle brackets includes an assortment of models for all applications.
Our inventory of glass-fronted cabinets includes surface mount, fully recessed and semi-recessed models. The door has a continuous hinge, and the glass is double-strength. The pull handle and roller catch are zinc plated.
When you need a full assortment of extinguishers for all jobs and locations, this is the place to find it.
Browse By Category
Top Sellers in Firefighting Gear
Air Systems Intl.
Ajax Rescue Tools
Browning International S.A
Cyclone Drying Systems
Feld Fire Inc.
First Aid Only
Gerber Legendary Blades
J L Industries
J.R. COLE INDUSTRIES
Last Chance Rescue
LIfeLine Rescue Tools
Performance Advantage PAC
R & B Fabrications
Red Head Brass
Rescue Life Net
Rit Rescue Systems
Rite in the Rain
Safety Technology ITL
Stevens Fire Chemicals
The Hawk Hook
Total Fire Group
True Hero Simulations