The FROG generator governor monitors and regulates PTO driven generators to maintain a steady frequency of 60 Hz.
The FROG provides a compact way to comply with NFPA requirements for instrumentation on a line voltage power source rated at 8 kW or larger. (NFPA 1901, 2003 Edition, 188.8.131.52.)
The FROG is a generator governor and a 'generator output display panel' in the same module. It regulates the frequency of the generator by adjusting the engine speed. This controller will automatically maintain a steady speed regardless of the engine or generator load.
- Displays Frequency (in Hertz)
- Displays Current (in Amps) on Two Lines
- Displays Voltage (in Volts)
- Displays Total Accumulated Run Time Hours
- Saves Panel Space (Multiple Meters in one Compact Display)
- Interlock Signal Recognition
- Engine Over-Speed Protection
* The FROG for Detroit Diesel Engines (FRA102) is a generator governor that is based on the FROG D platform. It has features that the standard FROG governors do not. Refer to the FROG Display page for more information.