The PumpBoss 200 pressure governor uses state-of-the-art programmable microprocessor technology and operates in one of two modes, pressure or RPM. It maintains a steady pump discharge pressure within system capabilities by controlling the engine speed or holds a selected engine RPM.
This model regulates pump pressure based on the discharge pressure only. This type of governor is very common in the fire service and will serve perfectly well in most cases. The PumpBoss 400 can monitor both the pump intake and discharge pressure providing improved defense against pump cavitations.
The PumpBoss 200 governor has a 4-digit LED display for engine RPM, four LED bar graphs that provide a constant display of the engine oil pressure, engine coolant temperature, transmission temperature, and battery voltage. The PumpBoss has a message display that shows the pressure or RPM setting during normal operations and fault warning alarms as they occur. When selected by the operator it will show monitored information, stored data, and program options.
How does it work?
In pressure mode the governor maintains a constant pump discharge pressure. The discharge pressure is monitored and compared to the selected pressure setting, the engine RPM is varied to keep the discharge pressure at the selected setting.
In RPM mode the governor maintains a constant engine RPM. The pump discharge pressure is monitored, it can vary but is limited to an increase of 30 PSI. If the discharge pressure increases 30 PSI, the pressure governor automatically lowers the engine RPM to reduce the discharge pressure.
- Automatic Regulation of Pump Discharge Pressure
- Large Control Knob - Easy to Operate with a Gloved Hand
- Single 300 PSI Discharge Pressure Sensor
- Programmable Preset Settings
- Always starts in Pressure Mode at Idle RPM
- Displays and LEDs Automatically Adjusted for Day or Night Operation
- Limits Increase of Pressure When in RPM Mode
- Recognition of No Water Condition With Automatic Response
- No Pressure or RPM Variation When Changing Modes
- Red IDLE Button - Brings the Engine to idle RPM Quickly
- Manual Control of Pressure or Engine RPM Settings
- Diagnostic Capabilities
- Interlock Signal Recognition with Throttle Ready LED
- Retains Warning Alerts History
- J1939 CAN Bus for Engine Information and Control
- High Idle input for external switch
- Audible Alarm Buzzer (Optional)
- KPa / Bar (Optional)