- Electro-Mechanical Warning Siren - No speakers or amplifiers here, just real, honest, big-time, worry free sound.
- 100% Maintenance Free Siren - Just take care of the batteries, and that’s it !!
- Non-rotating - Forget about the worries of rotating sirens, this unit only has two moving parts!!
- Mechanically produced sound - stronger and further reaching than electronically produced sound.
- Proven - this siren has been deployed in cities around the world, and is the best selling single tone siren we have.
- Lifetime Tech Support is included with every siren - No matter how old your siren is, we will help you through any problems.
- Five Year Warranty - so you can rest assured your siren will be functional at all times.
The middle-weight of our siren family is the 7V8-B. Proven, low pitch sound, and battery functions make these outdoor warning sirens with battery backup the go-to choice for small communities. Priced to compete, this siren is 100% FEMA and USDA grant compliant. This 8 HP siren is rated at 118/121 dB(c) @ 100 ft. continuous*. This rating is not just for 25% of its cycle time, like its rotating competitors – these outdoor warning sirens with battery backup feature this ear-splitting dB measurement for 100% of its full RPM run time. Plus, this 118/121 dB is produced in a 460 Hz tone, the lowest pitch in the industry. Therefore, its sound will fade at a lower rate than its competitors, giving the user more distance per decibel. This pitch has been shown to stand up to wind fade and tree cover better than its high pitch competitors.
A feature worth noting is the length of time that the 7V8-B siren will run on its battery bank. As is common in the Mid-West, storms frequently come in lines over a 3 or 4 hour period. If your first storm knocks out power, you may need a siren which can be sounded 6 or 7 times before power is restored. The Sentry model 7V8-B can sound 10 full 3 minute signals using it’s battery reserve. That means these outdoor warning sirens with battery backup have more than double the reserve capacity of their competitors.
The 7V8-B is also available in an AC/DC version, which provides AC primary with battery backup (true UPS) for users who want the additional power of an AC Siren. The AC/DC siren bumps the dB output to 121 dB(c) when on AC power, due to its increased power output. The 7V8-B’s exposed siren components are of powder coated metals, providing the most durable finish available. The siren can be upgraded to Stainless Steel for use in harsh environments. The 7V8-B is another state-of-the-art system from Sentry Siren, created with tried and true technology for a winning combination.
Big Power with Battery Functions