When an emergency occurs that requires rescue, the miner will retrieve and deploy the M-R-A Alarm Beacon which is typically stored in the Mine Refuge Chamber.
The M-R-A Alarm Beacons are then deployed by the miner who activates the alarm and drops them at strategic locations for rescue teams to follow.
The M-R-A will sound its very loud alarm and display the ultra-bright LED pulse and strobe for up to 72 continuous hours.
- MSHA Approved for Use in Gassy, Underground Mines (18-A080004-0)
- Engineered Specifically for Mining and Tunneling
- Bright, Flashing LED Status Indicators
- When a mine emergency occurs, the M-R-A will assist in locating a trapped miner.
- This works when tracker systems stop working.
- Stored in Mine Refuge ChamberDimensions: 2-1/8” wide by 3-1/8” high by 1-5/8” deep, excluding Grip Clip
Dimensions: 2-1/8” wide by 3-1/8” high by 1-5/8” deep, excluding Grip Clip
Weight: Seven ounces with battery
Alarm Audio Output: 98+ dBA measured at 10 ft
Case: Rugged, high temperature, impact resistant, translucent polycarbonate plastic
Sound Discernability: 6 dBA against background noise
Battery: Approved for use with Duracell #MN1604 or Procell #PC1604, 9-volt alkaline batteries only.
Certifications: M-R-A design meets the requirements of Title 30 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 18 and is approved as permissible for use in gassy underground mines.