TIDALWAVE 600 is a unique lightweight 6” (152mm) large diameter hose capable of significant water flow at higher pressures. TIDALWAVE 600 is a 100% polyester double jacket, 300 PSIG (2100 kPa) service test pressure rated attack, relay and supply hose. Lined with TPU elastomer for flexibility, light weight and compactness, TIDALWAVE 600 occupies less space and has a higher service pressure rating than conventional rubber covered LDH. The ENCAP treated outer jacket improves durability, reduces water absorption up to 40%, enhances chemical resistance and adds color options.
- 6" Storz Coupling
- The hose shall be of double jacket construction with 100% virgin spun polyester yarn in both jackets.
- There shall also be a minimum of 14.0 filler yarns per inch in the inner jacket and 12.5 filler yarns per inch in the outer jacket.
- The thickness of the lining shall be 0.020" (508 µm) minimum and it shall be constructed of extruded T.P.U. elastomer.
- The outside jacket shall be treated with ENCAP elastomer, which shall completely encapsulate the jacket fibers and not merely surface coat the jacket.
- The hose service temperature range shall be -60°F to 150°F (-51°C to 66°C).
- FM abrasion test of 50,000 cycles minimum and Taber abrasion test of 10,000 cycles minimum.
- At 600 PSIG (4200 kPa), its elongation shall not exceed 12% of the initial hose length, it shall not warp more than 12 inches (31 cm) and should not rise from the test table.
- The hose shall not twist more than 1½" turn per 100 ft (30,5 m) while at 600 PSIG (4200 kPa).
- Minimum service test pressure of 300 PSIG (2100 kPa).
- Minimum proof test pressure of 600 PSIG (4200 kPa).
- Minimum straight burst test pressure of 900 PSIG (6300 kPa).
- The hose while curved to a radius of 27" (69 cm) shall not burst at less than 900 PSIG (6300 kPa).
- Meets or exceeds NFPA 1961 specifications.