MSDS Sheet Datasheet
Video (In Hangar)
Chemguard XTRA High Expansion Foam Concentrate is a synthetic based foaming agent suitable for use with either low, medium or high expansion foam generating equipment. It is generally proportioned at a 2% concentration (2 parts XTRA to 98 parts of water). When used through a high expansion or medium expansion generating discharge device the following extinguishing mechanism takes place:
- The large volume of foam engulfs the area being protected and prevents air from reaching the fire.
- As the foam is generated with water, and comes in contact with the fire, a large amount of steam is generated which helps reduce the oxygen content in the atmosphere.
- The water content in the foam produces a valuable cooling effect on the fire. This is particularly so with medium expansion generated foam, which has higher water content.
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class “A” fuel type fires
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render the product completely serviceable again
- Can be used with foam compatible dry chemical agents
- Suitable with high/medium foam generators
- Fixed or portable in-line eductors
- In-line balanced pressure and pump pressure proportioning skid
- Bladder tank balanced pressure proportioning system
When Chemguard XTRA High is mixed with water in the correct proportion, expansion ratios of up to 1,000 to 1 can be achieved. This expansion ratio is dependent on the type of discharge device and pressure of the system when operating.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES AT 77ºF (25ºC)
|Specific Gravity||1.002 g/ml|
Chemguard XTRA High is biodegradable, low in toxicity, and can be treated in sewage plants. Please refer further to Chemguard Technical Bulletin regarding foam products and the environment.
If kept in the original unopened and airtight Chemguard supplied container and stored within the temperature range of 35ºF - 120ºF (2ºC - 49ºC), a shelf life of between 20 - 25 years can be expected. When stored in other than the original supplied container, check with Chemguard for storage guidelines